How to make a claim
Claims Procedures (failure to observe these may invalidate your claim)
The facility to download or print the claim form below is available at any time and there is no requirement to notify the claim by phone before doing so. Please ensure you complete the claim form fully and follow the instructions on the form.
All claims must be notified as soon as it is reasonably possible after the event which causes you to submit a claim. Late notification of a claim may affect our acceptance of a claim or result in the amount we pay being reduced.
Following these procedures, and any instructions or advice given to you by your policy administrator will help your claim to run smoothly.
Theft, Accidental Loss Claims:
You must notify the appropriate local police authority within 72 hours following discovery of the incident and obtain a crime reference/lost property number and a copy of the police crime report. Should you be claiming for the theft or accidental loss of your mobile phone you must also contact your network provider within 24 hours following discovery of the incident to place a call bar on your mobile phone.
For Accidental Damage, Breakdown and Malicious Damage Claims
For all claims (including theft, accidental loss, breakdown and malicious damage):
You should contact your policy administrator as soon as reasonably possible following discovery of the incident (or in the event of an incident occurring outside of the Republic of Cyprus as soon as reasonably possible following your return to the Republic of Cyprus):
Phone: 7777-2355 (C-E-L-L).(8 am – 5.30pm Monday – Friday).
You should complete any claim form you may be provided with fully and return it to your policy administrator in accordance with their instructions, together with any requested supporting documentation including, but not limited to:
• police crime reference/lost property number/police crime report (where applicable);
• proof of violent and forcible entry (where applicable);
• proof of purchase;
• proof of usage; and
• any other documentation we reasonably request that is relevant to your claim.
Where you are making a claim for accidental damage, malicious damage or breakdown, you may be asked to send your mobile phone to your policy administrator. You will be responsible for the cost of posting your mobile phone to your policy administrator.
Your policy administrator will assess your claim, and as long as your claim is valid, will authorise the repair or replacement of your mobile phone in accordance with the Specific Claims Conditions.
To help improve its service, your policy administrator may record or monitor telephone calls
Specific claims conditions
Authorisation to repair or replace your Mobile Phone.
Before any repair is undertaken, or your Mobile Phone is replaced, you are responsible for ensuring that you have received authorization from us.
If the claim is covered by the policy, authorization will be given by us to carry out the repair or replacement.
The decision to repair or replace your Mobile Phone is at our absolute discretion.
We reserve the right to appoint our own approved repairer to carry out any repair authorised by us.
We reserve the right to replace equipment from our own supplier or to authorize you to source replacement Mobile Phone subject to our limit of liability.
We reserve the right to replace your Mobile Phone with a new or refurbished device or the equivalent specification.
A claim authorization will remain valid for 30 days. If no further communication is made during this period the authority will be rescinded and the claim rendered void.
Should you decide to arrange for repair work to commence, or for replacement of your Mobile Phone or for any additional expenditure, without obtaining authorization from us, you do so in the full knowledge that we reserve the right not to meet your claim because you have denied us our right under this policy to agree cover, inspect your Mobile Phone and manage costs prior to costs being incurred.
If your policy administrator determines that your mobile phone can be repaired following a valid claim:
1. You may be asked to send your mobile phone to your policy administrator or to our authorised repairer. You will be responsible for the cost of postage. To avoid any further damage being caused to your mobile phone, we recommend that you use a padded envelope and send your mobile phone by registered mail or courier.
2. Your policy administrator will arrange for the repair of your mobile phone and return it to you by courier to your last known address or the address specified on your claim form.
3. All repairs that are carried out to your mobile phone will be guaranteed for 3 months.
If your policy administrator determines that your mobile phone needs to be replaced following a valid claim:
1. Your policy administrator will endeavour to replace your mobile phone with an identical, fully refurbished (or new where a refurbished item is not available) mobile phone of the same age and condition as your mobile phone. However, in the unlikely event this is not possible, your policy administrator will provide you with a fully refurbished (or new where a refurbished item is not
available) mobile phone of a comparable specification or the equivalent value taking into consideration the age and condition of your mobile phone prior to your claim.
2. Any mobile phone replaced by your policy administrator will be guaranteed for 3 months.
3. Accessories which are not compatible with your replacement mobile phone will be replaced by your policy administrator up to a value of your chosen plan.
4. Please note that although we will endeavour to replace your mobile phone with the same colour, it may not always be possible and therefore you will be provided with an alternative colour in that situation.
5. If we replace your mobile phone the damaged , stolen accidentally lost mobile phone or the mobile phone which is subject to the breakdown becomes our property. If your accidentally lost or stolen mobile phone is returned or found you must notify us and send it to your policy administrator if you are asked to do so.
Evidence to Support Your Claim
You must provide us with any receipts, proof of purchase and any other documentation that we may reasonably request and that is relevant to your claim
Protecting your mobile phone
You must take all reasonable precautions to protect your mobile phone against accidental damage, accidental loss and theft and act as if your mobile phone were not insured. You must keep your mobile phone on you at all times and when you do leave your mobile phone unattended, you must keep your mobile phone out of sight and locked away.
The cause of any warning light, text box or other warning indicator must be rectified as soon as possible following the indication. Your mobile phone must not be operated after an incident if this could cause further damage to your mobile phone.
We take a robust approach to fraud prevention in order to keep premium rates down so that you do not have to pay for other people’s dishonesty. If any claim under this insurance is fraudulent or is intended to mislead, or if any misleading or fraudulent means are used by you or anyone acting on your behalf to obtain benefit under this insurance, your right to any benefit under this insurance will end, your policy will be cancelled and we will be entitled to recover any benefit paid and costs incurred as a result of any such fraudulent or misleading claim. We may also inform the police.
If at the time of a valid claim under this policy there is another insurance policy in force which covers you for the same loss, we may seek a recovery of some or all of our costs from the other insurer. You must give us any help or information we may need to assist us with our loss recoveries.
By phone: 7777-2355 (C-E-L-L). (8am – 5.30pm Monday – Friday).
By email: firstname.lastname@example.org
By post: P.O.B. 22111, Nicosia 1517.